and Charles Leclerc have each chosen two sets of the soft C4 compound tyres for the race at the Baku City Circuit. Rivals Mercedes have taken one more set for each of their drivers while the Red Bull pair will have nine each.
Renault, McLaren and Racing Point have each selected 10 sets of softs for their drivers.
Ferrari has chosen more medium C3 compound tyres than any team, with five sets per car, while Mercedes has taken four sets for its two W10s.
Last year’s Azerbaijan Grand Prix was won by Lewis Hamilton who pitted twice and used all three of the available compounds during the race.
2019 Azerbaijan Grand Prix tyre selections
|Driver||Team||Hard (C2)||Medium (C3)||Soft (C4)|
|Max Verstappen||Red Bull||1||3||9|
|Pierre Gasly||Red Bull||1||3||9|
|Carlos Sainz Jnr||McLaren||1||2||10|
|Sergio Perez||Racing Point||1||2||10|
|Lance Stroll||Racing Point||1||2||10|
|Kimi Raikkonen||Alfa Romeo||2||2||9|
|Antonio Giovinazzi||Alfa Romeo||1||3||9|
|Daniil Kvyat||Toro Rosso||2||2||9|
|Alexander Albon||Toro Rosso||1||3||9|
2019 F1 season
- Unpopular Q4 plan for 2020 season likely to be rejected
- Getting the best out of Red Bull “proving to be a challenge” for Gasly
- Hamilton: Ferrari not reaching their full potential
- Hamilton cruises to sixth China win as Ferrari tactics backfire
- How Red Bull’s tech tweaks halved the gap to Mercedes and Ferrari in Shanghai